Theseprettywords

Theseprettywords

Plain Fear: Forsaken: A Novel - Leanna Ellis Orignally posted on These Pretty Words.Have you ever been surprised by a plot twist in a book? Like truly surprised… where you sit and stare at the screen/pages wondering if you somehow got your books mixed up and are now reading something completely different from what you started? Yeah, that was this book for me. I expected an Amish love story with a little suspense. Never in a million years did I expect there to be vampires.The overall plot for this book would have been a decent one but for the mixing of Amish and paranormal. The two really didn’t meld in my head. Also, there were a number of things that were absolutely unbelievable to me. Slightly spoilerish here, but after only two years the main character couldn’t recognize the love of her life in his vampire form? That little nugget broke right through my suspension of disbelief and had me ready to flounce. And that’s only one example.Overall I don’t recommend this one for anything more than a library borrow. If you really love vampire stories (as I do) and have a penchant for the Amish (as I also do) you may enjoy it, just go in prepared. Vampires and Amish… next time I’m going to read the reviews a bit more closely before I buy.