Theseprettywords

Theseprettywords

An Amish Wedding - Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Long Originally posted on These Pretty Words.“A Perfect Plan” by Beth WisemanThis book is a compilation of three novellas all centered around the love lives of a group of intertwined Amish women. The first story, A Perfect Plan, follows the over-stressed and superstitious Priscilla who is engaged to charming Chester Lapp. The story is sweet and romantic, but it focuses on what happens when everything you want to be perfect kind of falls apart.I found these characters a lot of fun to read about and could literally feel their tension increase as things started falling apart around them. Of the three, this book had the most Christianity written – lots of praying and talking about God and his plan for the young couple.“The Perfect Match” by Kathleen FullerThis story was, by far, my favorite of the three. The romance between cautious Naomi and adorable Zeke was absolutely perfect – sweet and kind, with bits of heat thrown in there (it’s Amish fiction, folks – heat means kissing). I thought the author did a fabulous job of introducing her characters to the readers and kept her pacing strong throughout. Naomi’s hesitancy to open her heart again after having it crushed comes through loud and clear. And Zeke… well, he’s just about as perfect as perfect gets.Immediately after reading this novella, I went online to find more books my Kathleen Fuller. I am really looking forward to reading her other series, though is she chose to write a little more about Naomi and Zeke, I wouldn’t complain a bit.“The Perfect Secret” by Kelly LongThis novella was my least favorite of the three though still well-written. I simply didn’t feel that it stayed true to what, in my opinion, is the core of what Amish fiction should be about. There was stealing, lying, kind-of-cheating. And while the story concluded with the standard acceptance of God’s word and forgiveness, I just really feel like the plot was a bit too far off for me to suspend my disbelief. Lovely writing, just not for me.