Theseprettywords

Theseprettywords

An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology - Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Long Originally posted on These Pretty Words“Healing Hearts” by Beth WisemanThis book is a compilation of three novellas all centered around the love lives of a group of intertwined Amish women. The first story, Healing Hearts, takes a look at a couple who’ve been through marriage, raising their children, and a difficult separation when Naaman leaves for an extended visit with his cousins. This story tore at my heart in such a beautiful fashion. Levina’s grief and mistrust in her husband, the uncertainty between them, the way Beth wrote them trying to come back together – all of it was so absolutely beautiful. I have become a huge Beth Wiseman fan and will definitely be keeping her in my spotlight.“What the Heart Sees” by Kathleen FullerOnce again, Kathleen rocks me with her sweet and simple romance. Ellie is a strong and capable character, but unsure of her future because of the blindness she feels responsible for. And Christopher is dealing with so much loss – not just his girlfriend, but his entire family and community as he’s left the Amish to live as an English. This was another story that just tugged at me. The lovely way Kathleen writes her family bonds is just about perfect, and I definitely have more of her work on my to be read shelf.“A Marriage of the Heart” by Kelly Long Having now read two of these novella compilations, I realize that Kelly takes harder topics and melds them with her Amish characters. This time young Rachel tells a terrible lie which causes a forced marriage to Joseph – someone who’s just come back to the community. I really wanted to smack the girl upside the head multiple times throughout the story, but Joseph was a total doll – sweet, caring, slightly sarcastic. I’m looking at Kelly’s writing a little differently after this novella and would definitely read more of her work.